Private Jane Austen Tour
Immerse in Jane Austen’s literary world! Get the pleasure of discovering the life of one of England’s most well-known and respected authors. Imagine England’s nostalgic landscapes and its Regency period. We’ll try to help you relive those fascinating times while following Jane’s footsteps and visiting her hometown and surroundings. This tour will be a truly unique experience for you. Venture into the lovely world of written words!
Prices are per car/minibus, not per person.
- Private driver
- No hidden charges – price includes all taxes
- Pick-up: Any London Hotel Lobby or Residence
- Drop-off: Any London Hotel Lobby or Residence
Any admission fees payable on entry or it can be pre-arranged by us /subject to openings & availability.
For Professional Blue-Badge tour guide please enquire.
To book and for over 7 people, please enquire: [email protected]
We do organize three different itineraries.Please feel free to choose from one of them, or let us know if you want something different from this amazing tour
Jane Austen Tour Options:
8 hours private tour
1. Visit the quiet country village where Jane was born and explore the church where her father was vicar with its fascinating family objects and memorials.
2. Travel through the rich Hampshire countryside to Chawton and visit her favourite, last home, full of Janeite treasures: a must for any fan.
3. Enjoy a guided walk through the village to explore her wealthy brother’s grand house, set in lovely gardens.
4. Drive on to Winchester for a guided walk through the streets of this ancient city where Jane spent her final weeks.
5. Visit glorious Winchester Cathedral and pay a moment’s homage at her memorial.
10 hours private tour
1. Uncover the twists and turns of Jane’s novels and the streets and buildings she knew, on a walking tour of Bath.
2.Explore the most complete Georgian House in Bath – No 1, The Royal Crescent.
3. Enjoy an excellent lunch in the Pump Room and sample a glass of the famous spa water.
4. Travel on to the historic village of Lacock for a guided walk of film locations used for Jane’s novels.
11 hours private tour
1. Travel to the charming village of Chawton in Hampshire to visit Jane Austen’s beloved home from where she completed and published her novels.
2. Travel on to the glorious city of Bath for a walking tour of a selection of sites that inspired her to write some of her most entertaining and plot-twisting scenes and explore No 1 the Royal Crescent ; the most complete Georgian House in Bath. Please note: the distance between Chawton and Bath means a longer journey time is spent travelling than for itineraries 1 and 2
Jane Austen was born and grew up in Steventon. She wrote three of her famous works there; ‘Pride & Prejudice’, ‘Northanger Abbey’ and ‘Sense & Sensibility’.
You will have the opportunity to visit her home at Chawton, where she lived for eight years, and worked on ‘Emma’, ‘Persuasion’ and ‘Mansfield Park’.
Winchester is the medieval town where she spent the final part of her life. Your guide will show you its great cathedral, which is now her final resting place.
The city of Bath was founded as a health Spa by the Romans, its Roman Baths and Pump Room remain among the finest antiquities in the country. It was also the home of Jane Austen from 1800 – 1806. “I really believe I shall always be talking of Bath …. I do like it so very much. Oh! Who can ever be tired of Bath,” wrote Jane Austen in ‘Northanger Abbey’ (1818).
Lacock, located near Bath, is where ‘Pride and Prejudice’ was filmed: one of England’s best preserved medieval villages. This place won’t fail to fascinate you!
Private Jane Austen Tour
Tour duration: see tour options
Transportation: Private vehicle with accredited driver
up to 3 persons: please enquire
up to 7 persons: please enquire
*No hidden charges – price includes all taxes.
Our fleet is devoted to your needs!
Have your own private driver always at your disposal.